Photobucket

Saturday 4 June 2011

The Book Of A Thousand Days - my book review

The Book of a Thousand DaysThe Book of a Thousand Days by Shannon Hale

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


The Book of A Thousand Days is a very beautiful and well written book. The journey of Dashti is mesmerizing, and her unique love story is worthy of making anyone smile :)
The only problem I found was how the ending reminded me of a Disney princess ending "...and they all lived happily ever after. The end."I didn't find it that believable of how Tegus very willingly saved her, even after he found out Dashti's secret.
There was also something weird about the blurb (I know I'm nitpicking)... It says that the heroine is a brat (if they're referring to Saren, then yes) AND the hero isn't charming. The only hero I can think of is Tegus, and I thought he WAS charming!?!?
It was also a shame that I missed out on finding out why Saren was so reluctant to talk to Tegus. Oh well.
Aanyway, in general I really enjoyed this book and I love how it sort of twists well-loved, "ancient" fairytales into an even better, more exciting and intricate plot.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...