Photobucket

Saturday 27 August 2011

Cover Crazy #6


This is the cover of Awaken, by Katie Kacvinsky.

  • The first thing I noticed about this cover was the sunflowers inside the glass jar. Sunflowers are known for happiness. Jars are used to keep things; trap things. Happiness is trapped. As simple as that.
  • The pixellation of the background is effective. It gives a surreal element to this picture. The jar of sunflowers looks so real, but the background looks almost fake.
  • Fonts are a very important factor to me, especially the font for a title of a book. For example, would you find the font: Ariel very interesting for a front cover? The answer is not really. But the word 'Awaken' appears handwritten. It makes me think that this book is sentimental in some ways.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I never noticed that about this book! I mean, the whole "happiness caught in a jar" thing. Great analyzing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...