Photobucket

Wednesday 20 July 2011

Forgotten - my book review

ForgottenForgotten by Cat Patrick

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Forgotten is a different young adult novel. I wouldn't say it's unique, but it's certainly different.

London Lane is not a normal teenage girl. Or a normal person, for that matter. She can only 'remember' what will happen in the future. And this means that she cannot remember the past. By 4:33 AM, London's memory of the day before is completely wiped. The only way she can get through the next day is with her notes, her mother and her best friend. Then London meets Luke... the perfect guy that anybody she wants. But something is wrong. Why can't she see him in the future?

Earlier on, I had posted a status update on Forgotten declaring that I found the introduction of Luke too cheesy. For those that are thinking the same thing, don't make up your mind too quickly, as I can confirm that there is a reason for this!

The thing I loved about the book was it's plot. It's not usual you come across a girl who can remember her future, but not her past! And I loved Jamie, too. She is worth a special mention. Perhaps it was her boldness, or her compassion that lured me to become a fan of hers.

The downside of Forgotten is the ending. It wasn't very satisfying for me. The final chapters were sweet and all, but I wish we got to know more about Jonas, or even the romantic but bleak future of London and Luke. I suppose I'm one for endings that tie up all the loose ends. It's fine that this book doesn't have that; it's just that I'd prefer to know more!

Overall, Forgotten was an enjoyable read and I'll definitely keep an eye out for the rest of Cat Patrick's upcoming novels!



View all my reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...