Photobucket

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Stolen: A letter to my captor - my book review

Stolen: A letter to my captorStolen: A letter to my captor by Lucy Christopher

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


The descriptions of the desert are so vivid. I can picture it in my mind. Feel the individual grains of blood red sand rubbing against the soles of my feet. Here the soothing yet menacing voice of Gemma's captor. He expected her to love him. And so she did, in an odd, twisted kind of way.

We follow Gemma's story, or letter, of her kidnapping from Bangkok Airport. From the start to the end. Gemma's letter to Ty explains it all.

I found Stolen: A letter to my captor slow to begin with at first. It was just an endless, wordy chunk of what happened. It was only from Page 102 that things got interesting. And the thing was that it wasn't romance that caught my attention. I was ultimately surprised that there was not one kiss shared between the two of them in this book. The relationship between them is unique. She hates him, she loves him and he loves her only. He thinks that he has come to her aid, separating her from what she is used to, and bringing her into the Australian Sandy Desert.
To sum up, below is an image that perfectly illustrates what I thought their surroundings looked like:
description





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...