Photobucket

Thursday 29 September 2011

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood - my book review

Getting Revenge on Lauren WoodGetting Revenge on Lauren Wood by Eileen Cook
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This is such a fun book to read. I loved every single bit of it. But more to that later.

Picture Lauren Wood. She is perfect. She has is the quarterback's girlfriend, cheerleading captain, the most popular It Girl out of all the It Girls, and the lead role of the drama play in her palm. Did I mention that she's blonde? Now, picture. Helen Worthington. The ex-best friend of Lauren Wood. She is far from perfect. She is the doggy that serves her master.

One day, Lauren did something terrible. She betrayed Helen. So Helen moves away... But what happens when Helen gets the chance to move back? Is it finally time for Helen to get her revenge on Lauren?

The plot of this book is so simple. It makes the book so easy to read, and I can refer to it to cheer me up. Helen is totally priceless. In my opinion, she's a bit like an obsessive stalker. Like, while she lives in New York, Helen thinks about Lauren every day, checks her Facebook page, and starts collecting ideas for her grand revenge plan in a neat binder. Crazy or not crazy?

Getting Revenge on Lauren Wood reminded me of the well-loved movie 'Mean Girls'. Three mean It Girls. One outsider. What happens when these two parties merge? KABOOM!!!

I'll leave the rest to you to decide. But this is worth a read.

View all my reviews
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love revenge books, revenge movies, revenge songs, revenge poems... I guess I'm a fan of revenge! I'll keep my eye out for this book, it looks like a fun read.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...