Photobucket

Friday 16 September 2011

Beauty Queens - my book review

Beauty QueensBeauty Queens by Libba Bray
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I'm so sorry, Beauty Queens, but I had to give up. I could not continue in risk of further hair-in-fingers and head-slams-against-the-door. I'm so sorry that I maliciously watched you slide down the wall after being thrown at it.

I was pumped up with excitement and adrenaline when I got my hands on this book. I thought that it would be a life-changing moment, when I would open that first crisp, fresh page and innocently read. But, no. My plan failed miserably.

Here are a few things I disliked about this book:
- the humour. It got a bit dry after a while.
- the plot-hopping. There's only so many times a reader can teleport.
- the "Confidential" chapters. I skipped 99% of them.
- way too many characters to focus on. Couldn't Libba Bray make it that only six beauty queens survived???

Anyway, that was in brief the issues I encountered with Beauty Queens. I was very disappointed to only reach the half-way mark, because really, I expected something much better than this.

View all my reviews
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...