Photobucket

Thursday 1 September 2011

Interview with Cathy Cassidy!


Cathy Cassidy is a young adult fiction author. She has written numerous novels, including: Dizzy, Indigo Blue, Lucky Star and Angel Cake. Cathy is also known as the 'Queen of Tween'!






Q: What inspires you to write your books?
I guess my readers inspire me! I find young people fascinating - it's a great stage of life to be at. You're no longer a child, but you're not quite an adult either - you're poised right on the very edge of that, and anything and everything is still possible. Friendship, families, love, individuality, eccentricity and emotion - all of those things inspire me!


Q: If you had endless possibilities of promoting your books, which method would you choose?
I'd hide hundreds of gift-wrapped books in unexpected places, like a kind of treasure hunt... 

Q: Out of all of your many book characters, who would you like to hang out with the most?
Out of the adult characters I'd pick Tess from Dizzy, Miss Quinn from Driftwood and Charlotte and Paddy from Cherry Crush. I can't choose from the teen characters - I love all of them, even fiesty Scarlett and moody Honey. Maybe I'd pick Mouse from Dizzy and Lucky Star - he is my all-time fave character.

Q: Is there any chance that you'll be writing a novel in the young-adult fiction genre any time soon?
I'd like to, but I don't have immediate plans... I am behind with deadlines as it is. I'd worry that my younger readers would read any older, darker books, too. Maybe one day! 

Q: If you could make up a word, what would it be and what would be its definition?
Chocolicious. (I am guessing we all know what that means... sigh!) 

Q: Let's play a quick version of the 'Truth or Lie' game. Tell me one peculiar truth and one peculiar lie about yourself. We have to guess which one is true!

I am scared of worms.
I am fluent in Japanese. 




Thanks so much Cathy!




Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the interview! I love her books AND her website! I know I'm supposed to be too old for tween reads but honestly, it reminds me so much of my youth I can't help but be enraptured.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...