Photobucket

Friday 3 June 2011

Catching Fire - my book review

Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2)Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Firstly, I think this novel contrasts greatly to its predecessor, The Hunger Games. This book is told on a much bigger scale of things, and its focus is more on the Capitol than the Hunger Games itself. I must say, my favourite section of the book was Part I. I was very surprised when Katniss was participated in the Games again (woops... is that a spoiler!?!?). The part i disliked most in the book was at the very end. I found that Suzanne Collins rushed the ending and I finished the book in a has-the-book-really-ended? confusion. Otherwise, I really liked how the story talked about other things apart from the Games (BTW I think I liked 'last year's' Games more than this year's... how about you?). A thing a found really disturbing was President Snow's breath. Didn't you squirm in your reading cosy when you read Katniss' description of him? Well, I certainly did, and I think I puked a bit in my mouth when I pictured his puffy lips.

Anyway ... I love Peeta Mellark to bits... I do not understand why Katniss prefers him to Gale. But I dunno. It's the work of those hormones, I guess. Oh, and HOW could I leave out Cinna? I really admire him. If he was a real person, I would probably be his #1 fan ;)


NOTE
Due to the suspense and wild hunger for the remaining of the series, I will DEFINITELY be reading Mockingjay. Look out for my review on it soon!!!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...