Photobucket

Saturday 16 July 2011

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time - my book review

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-timeThe Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Mark Haddon

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I have to say, I did not expect The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time to be about Christopher's misadventure to find out his true past... but rather, who killed the dog, as suggested by the title.



Christopher Boone is autistic. Specifically, suffering from Asperger's Syndrome. He has odd obsessions with maths equations, signs, patterns and red. Needless to say though, this is not his fault.



I really enjoyed the way this novel was narrated. It's unique and makes you feel really connected with Christopher even though he has no emotions . I was surprised with the rather blunt revelation of Wellington's murderer, but as I mentioned before, that is certainly not the crux of the storyline. More comes, and it just keeps on getting better.



Other than that, I can't reveal very much about this book, other everything else about it will tumble out like a snowball. But I really love this book (as you can see with my 5 star rating), so have a go. You will be surprised!



P.S.

It probably only took me one hour to read this whole book altogether, so I promise that it won't take much time to read... even if you hate it.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...