Photobucket

Thursday 14 July 2011

Speak - my book review

SpeakSpeak by Laurie Halse Anderson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


A fantastic read: nothing more, nothing less.



'Speak' follows Melinda Sordino, an outcast at school and an introvert. But there are reasons why.



Several times I have asked myself while hungrily devouring this book: "Are schools really like that? Are we really like that?" Well, yes, we are. Heather is a perfect example for one half of teens. Enthusiastic. Hardworking. Backstabbing. The other half of the world of teenagers are like more like Melinda. Harmless. Nostalgic. Fearful.



I am disappointed in myself for not being able to resist the sheer temptation of reading a spoiler or two... but if you haven't read this brilliant novel yet, DON'T. I repeat, DON'T. You will find out why as you progress through this book.



There is no way that I'm not gonna read the rest of Laurie Halse Anderson's books. They are absolutely brilliant, from what I have gathered from with 'Speak' and 'Wintergirls'.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...