Photobucket

Sunday 24 July 2011

In My Mailbox #2

This week, in my mailbox I have 'Accidents of Nature', or rather, in my shopping bag.

Its not a very well-known book, but if its good, I'll definitely be raving on about some time soon!

I'm in the middle of a full-blown spaz-attack, and I don't care. I don't care at all. At home I always try to act normal, and spaz-attacks definitely aren't normal. Here, people understand. They know a spaz-attack signals that I'm excited. They're excited too, so they squeal with me; some even spaz on purpose, if you can call that spazzing . . .



An unforgettable coming-of-age novel about what it's like to live with a physical disability
It's the summer of 1970. Seventeen-year-old Jean has cerebral palsy, but she's always believed she's just the same as everyone else. She's never really known another disabled person before she arrives at Camp Courage. As Jean joins a community unlike any she has ever imagined, she comes to question her old beliefs and look at the world in a new light. The camp session is only ten days long, but that may be all it takes to change a life forever.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great book. There aren't enough books out there dealing with physical disabilities. I'd also check out Out of My Mind by Sharon Draper - it's more of a middle grade novel.
    And congrats - almost 100 new followers this weekend! Glad things went well with the FF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you though, of course :) Couldn't have done it without you!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...